Skip to content

Have Your Say

We'd Love To Hear From You

Contact us using the form below

What to do if you have a complaint about your electricity or gas

It is not the role of the Panel, nor does it have the capacity, to respond to individual complaints about your energy provider.  While we are interested in individual views on whether the Energy Charter signatories are meeting the Energy Charter principles, submissions are not an appropriate mechanism to raise complaints.

To make an individual complaint, you should first contact your electricity or gas retailer, or, if relevant, your electricity or gas distributor. If this does not resolve your issue, you can contact the Ombudsman in your State or territory (see below for contact details).

This fact sheet from the ACCC may help you with your issue.

Energy ombudsman contact details

Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland
1800 662 837
New South Wales
Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW
1800 246 545
Australian Capital Territory
ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal
02 6207 1740
Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria)
1800 500 509
South Australia
Ombudsman South Australia
1800 665 565
Energy Ombudsman Tasmania
1800 001 170
Northern Territory
1800 806 380
Western Australia
Energy and Water Ombudsman Western Australia
1800 754 004